Sunday 12 October 2008

Blood Brothers

Went to the matinee of Blood Brothers yesterday.

I will admit my bias, as the lovely Niki Evans is one of my clients. Her playing Mrs J is also the first West End lead that we've secured since I started work, so suffice to say I was a little excited.

She was even better than I expected. Vocally it just oozes out of her, seemingly without any effort whatsoever, and her 'Tell Me It's Not True' at the end was just completely heartbreaking.

It's not a show I'd ever really think of as one of my favourites. I've only seen it once before and that time, I was a bit disappointed. I think it's a very strong cast at the moment though (Steven Palfreman as Mickey especially) and was absolutely in floods.

To say Nik's only 8 shows in, she has found her feet exceptionally quickly. She's already a force to be reckoned with; God help us once she's properly settled in.

1 comment:

Veronica Aloess said...

Hey, nice blog, I saw Blood Brothers recently and agree I was disappointed too, it's beyond me what appeal it has to have been running so long.
I'm xXAngelofMusicXx from the WOS board btw, I followed the link in your sig :)
Do you know how I follow your blog? Blogspot's a bit confusing for me still...
All the best for the xmas season :)