Monday 27 October 2008

Me and My Girl

After the Old Vic 24 hour plays found themselves shortchanged by the clocks going forward earlier this year, clearly Showtime's 48 hour musical challenge thought they'd cash in by going for the weekend where the clocks went back, therefore gaining themselves an extra hour.

On the whole, I was impressed. Bill and Sally (names escape me) were both very strong and carried the show well between them. I thought the tightness of the ensemble numbers was commendable, given the limited rehearsal time, though I did feel that some of the choreography wasn't particularly imaginative. The orchestra (also only rehearsed in 48 hours) were, perhaps, the unsung heroes.

I could have done without Les Dennis and Mel Geidroyc, and especially their overly long drawing of the raffle, but a good evening nonetheless.

No comments: