Friday 28 August 2009

Dreamboats and Petticoats

I must admit I didn't hold out much hope going into see Dreamboats on a midweek matinee. Certainly I was about 30 years younger than anyone else in the audience (apart from the odd grandchild who'd been dragged along) and this unfortunately led to some rather tuneless singing along on the part of those around me.

Despite all that, I loved it. Okay so it's not Shakespeare. It's not going to change the world and if you're looking for theatre that will move you to your core then I wouldn't suggest you rush out and buy a ticket, but it's great music, really well performed against a backdrop of a higher-production-values-than-normal from Mr Kenwright. Everyone left the theatre with a big smile on their face and you can't really argue with that, can you?

No comments: