Wednesday 19 August 2009

Footloose

I'll admit I'd never been to Stevenage (other than on the train on my way to London), much less the theatre, before so when I was invited to go and see their in house production of Footloose, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

I was blown away by the scale of the production. Given that it was only on for a week, there didn't appear to have been any cut corners. Most importantly, the calibre of the cast was high.

I'd never, believe it or not, seen Footloose on stage before. Seen the film a million times and know the music but wasn't prepared for quite how much I'd enjoy it on stage. The cast were (almost) universally very strong. I thought the dancing could have been tighter in certain parts (especially the boys) but the singing was fantastic throughout.

A really good, solid, fun production and certainly one that would encourage me to return for their next show.

No comments: